Private yoga lessons can transform your client’s life and your yoga teaching practice. This is the training that bridges what you learned in your 200 hour
You likely didn’t learn much in the way of 1:1 work in your 200 hour training. And now that you’ve taught a lesson or two (to your neighbor?) you’ve decided it’s time to show up for your clients 100%, find a few more just like ’em, and start to focus on doing more of this 1:1 work that you are realizing you love. And you are wondering: “How do I translate what I know when it comes to teaching groups into private work and what about all of that ‘other’ stuff like money + sales talk, marketing, and methodology for first sessions, sequencing, and following up for my future new students?”.
This advanced teacher training focuses 100% on 1:1 lessons. It includes:
- How to drill down your teaching zone of genius and translate that magic into your private yoga teaching and practice
- Private practice mastery and lessons on three vital phases of your private business: just beginning, key building, and booking out
- Practice teaching in pairs with a focus on the in-take process, the physical assessment portion, and moving through adjustments and assists catered towards one-on-one lessons
- Deep dive dialogue around sequencing to the individual, tailoring your teaching philosophy to yoga privates, and uncovering your unique approach to 1:1 workTeachers around the world who have graduated from The Art Of Teaching Private Yoga™ trainings have had enormous success as the go-to private yoga professional in their area (and online!). They’ve credited this training and their own blood, sweat, & tears for these feats:
- Started teaching their first private client and booked a handful more to fill their docket & start a (wait for it) wait-list
- Turned up the prices on their offerings & created packages that are a pleasure to sell
- Learned how to fill their days with conversations and efforts that make them money and deepen relationships
- Create all kinds of things that help them in their business (website, paperwork, email list) & tangibles to support their private clients (homework, sequencing structure, confidence and methods for creating lessons)
Here are places and paths to getting certified to teach private yoga through The Art Of Teaching Private Yoga™ method.
THE ART OF TEACHING PRIVATE YOGA DIGITAL INTENSIVE: JULY 6TH 2017
This cliff’s notes version of The Art Of Teaching Private Yoga™ training is for the private yoga teacher ready to make money, develop teaching confidence, and create their dream teaching practice now. It’s ideal for the fast learner, jump-in-right away person, and those who need a little bit of built in time to get-it-done. The daylong intensive follows the six-part method of The Art Of Teaching Private Yoga™ and includes some 1:1 online coaching within the group as well as 2 weeks of post-intensive email coaching with Kate. This is not a certified course but it does count for CE credits. This is a great starter step if you are just getting started and need do-this-now tips or if you are trying on private yoga lessons and not ready to become certified yet.
It’s business bootcamp meets intentional private yoga teaching technique meets innovative 1:1 lesson design. All from the comfort of your home computer. All teachings are recorded but live attendance is highly encouraged for an intensive experience.
THE ART OF TEACHING PRIVATE YOGA ONLINE CERTIFIED TEACHER TRAINING: FALL 2017
The Art Of Teaching Private Yoga™ online course runs twice a year and has certified teachers in the US, Canada, Australia, and throughout Europe. The ATPY method has been designed as a six-part process catered to the individual in a group training environment. Due to it’s customized nature (and Kate’s 1:1 with many teaching style) the principles educate, support, and coach those getting started post-200 hour, seasoned teachers, and professional yoga therapists and private yoga inspired educators. Lessons are held in a digi-classroom and resources range from direct support and strategy from Kate, take & make your own documents, and a detailed manual and book.
Graduates have lifetime access to the entire course including regular updates in the form of bonus trainings and workshops, coaching from Kate, and a certification as a private yoga teacher.
THE ART OF TEACHING PRIVATE YOGA IN-PERSON CERTIFIED TEACHER TRAINING | SONOMA, CALIFORNIA: AUGUST 3 & 4
The Art Of Teaching Private Yoga™ is a teaching meets business training designed to help you lead customized, structured, and booked-out private yoga lessons locally or online. Through lecture, practice teaching, and individualized discovery conversation and lessons we will identify your zone of genius as a private yoga teacher, demystify the anatomy of private yoga lessons (including the elusive set up of the first session), and build confidence around how you assess and sequence to the needs of your private clients. On the business front we will get clear about your pricing, packages, and your approach to selling out your sessions so you can add a sustainable and profitable channel of income to your yoga biz.
This is the training for those who want to become the go-to private yoga teacher in their area and niche. Springtime in my hometown is pure magic, that’s why I’m inviting 20 of my closest friends to the Midwest oasis I call home. This training will have a retreat feel as we bond over two days and throw in some spontaneous coffee dates, evening dinners, and you connect with fellow yoga teachers from Iowa & beyond.
SOLD-OUT SESSIONS: A COURSE ON BUILDING & BOOKING OUT YOUR 1:1 WORK | ONLINE: TBD
A course on building your private teaching practice whether you are beginning, building up, or moving towards booked out status.
Through The Art Of Teaching Private Yoga™ method you become certified to teach private yoga lessons once your post-training case study has been approved. Currently this training counts towards Yoga Alliance continuing education hours.
HEY. I’M KATE AND I’M THE PRIVATE YOGA TEACHER’S BEST FRIEND.
Five years ago I got tired of hearing that finding more private clients would happen organically and that I’d know how to teach customized lessons when I got started. Instead of sitting in sukhasana waiting for colorfully claded clients to knock on my door, I committed to learning everything I could about individualized teaching technique and private yoga business practices. Fast forward to now: I’m bringing those behind-closed-studio-doors convos to the private yoga masses one knockout course and book at a time.
2017 is going to be your best year yet.